This is why I love reading the Trade Times. #TradeTimes #Personals #TheReturnOf #SmileyRacoon
...is that good? are we done here?
Tomoe Gozen, female samurai and badass.
- lived from around 1157 to 1247
- fought in the Genpei War (1180–1185)
- the only historical account of her is the The Tale of Heike, an epic retelling of the struggle for supremacy between the Taira and Minamoto clans in the war
- however, her grave and one of her handmaiden’s graves exist today, so she was probably real
- Tomoe was described as extremely beautiful (of course)
- a superb archer and swordswoman, both riding and on foot
- was “a warrior worth a thousand”
- she also rode unbroken horses down cliffs!
Sometimes I wear vegetables on my head and pretend I’m jewish. #CabbageHat #VeggJewble
January 9, 1960: Patsy Cline becomes a member of the Grand Ole Opry, after approaching Manager Ott Devine backstage and asking “Mr. Devine, do you think I can ever become a member of the Opry?” Devine replies, “Patsy, if that’s what you want, you’re a member.”
Apparently, up to that point, Opry management was unaware that Patsy wanted to join the cast. And, to this date, Patsy is the only cast member ever to have joined the show by asking.
30 Day Challenge // Day 24 // Something That Represents Your Favorite Culture
I’m Buddhist and I’ve always loved the imagery even before I was. The wrathful deities from Tibetan and Mahayana art always fascinated me as a kid. They were like transformations the gods took on in battle. Like a monster magical girl I guess. His is name is Mahakala. Power Prism Make Up.
Sachin Teng tearing it up!
Downtown Wilmington, #NorthCarolina
I miss #Serbia. Need to go back!